To ensure you have a long lasting, full fragranced soy candle, you should know the following information:
CREATE A BURN MEMORY
- When lighting a soy candle for the first time, allow the wax to melt all the way to the sides of the container.
- The first burn of the candle should last as long as it takes to reach all the way to the edges of the container.
- This will give you maximum fragrance and an even burn.If you do not allow the wax to pool on the first burn you may get wax remaining along the sides of your container.
TRIM THE WICK
- Soy wax does not burn as hot as paraffin wax, so soy wax candles require a thicker wick, which does not burn 100% and needs to be trimmed regularly.
- Always trim your wick to about 6-8mm before you re-light your candle. This will ensure a long lasting candle, minimise soot and remove any mushrooming of the wick left from the previous burn. But be sure not to over trim your wick as you may not be able to re-light your candle.
- If you do not trim the wick regularly, if the candle is in a draft or is left to burn too long you may get a “mushroom” of carbon on the end of the wick. This may cause some soot to collect on the inside of the container. If this happens, extinguish your candle, wait for it to cool, wipe off the carbon marks with a clean damp cloth and re-light.
DO NOT BLOW OUT
- Extinguish your candle by dipping the wick into the melted wax and straighten.
- This will stop the wick smoking and will help with re-lighting the next time.
- Please remember the candles are hand poured, not massed produced. Although all effort is made to ensure consistency, every candle will be different.
- When using completely natural soy wax, sometimes you may notice darker patches or wet spots in your container candles. This is not a fault, simply a small blemish where the wax has not adhered to the glass 100%.
- This does not effect the candle in any way.
- The top of your candle may also appear slightly uneven, this is also a sign of natural soy wax being hand poured.
- Do not leave your candle in direct sunlight as it may turn a nasty yellow colour. It will not affect the candle in any way, it just loses its creamy white colour.